At Boyton Primary School we have and are further implementing a Spiral Curriculum that builds a child's skills and knowledge sequentially and developmentally across their schooling, grounded in the National Curriculum.
We believe that fundamentally, children should be taught the skills and disciplinary knowledge to enable them to understand their world around them and be able to aspire and explore it to their fullest potential.
Our curriculum is broad and is designed to allow children to thrive and progress across it irrespective of starting points and is fit to prepare them to be successful at subsequent steps on their journey.
What do we teach?
- EYFS (2yrs - 4yrs) - children engage in a curriculum that is based on 7 key areas of learning and is constantly adapted to their interests and curiosity. At the end of the Foundation Stage (end of Reception), children are considered to be at a 'Good Level of Development' if they have met milestones in 5 key areas of learning. Please ask your child's teacher for more information about this and look out for opportunities to attend information meetings.
- Key Stage 1 (5yrs - 7yrs) & Key Stage 2 (7yrs - 11yrs) - The children will study the following subjects:
- PSHE - Personal, Social, Health Education
- D&T - Design and Technology
- ICT - Information and Communication Technology
- MFL - Modern Foreign Languages - French - (Yrs 4,5,6 Only)
- Further details regarding the Purpose of Study and Aims for each subject along with a breakdown of the key concepts and skills studied in each year, are available under each curriculum offer heading for each subject.
What do we follow?
The National Curriculum
Please follow the link below for the National Curriculum document we follow: